Full details of the school’s successes and achievements are available in the school’s ‘Standards and Quality Report 2015-16 Review of Session‘
At Craigellachie Primary, we aim to improve educational experiences for all of our pupils. We have identified a number of improvement priorities.
Full details are available in the school’s full ‘ School Improvement Plan 2017-18
In brief these are:
1. The Curriculum – Continuing from previous years SIP
- To evaluate and embed the process and systems of teaching core numeracy skills throughout the school.
- To evaluate and embed the use of ‘Big Maths’ and ‘Numicon’ in order to teach core numeracy skills.
- To evaluate and embed the use of maths and numeracy progression.
- To evaluate and embed the use of literacy progression.
- To evaluate and embed the understanding of phonics and active spelling.
2. Learning and Teaching
To embed the 4 Aspects of Pedagogy (Continuing from 2013/14) through:
- Continuation of TLC’s that will focus on continuous improvement of teaching practice.
- Learning/refreshing of AiFL techniques that can be used in the classroom.
- An enquiry of our own teaching practice and learning new and better approaches that will enhance pupils learning.
3. Health and Wellbeing
- To introduce the ‘Bounce Back’ wellbeing and resilience programme
- To develop the House Captains role and responsibilities
- To further embed ‘Community Time’ and work towards our first Eco-Flag
If you wish further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school personally or by telephone.