The Parent Forum
As a parent of a child at this school you are automatically a member of the Parent Forum. The Parent Forum is composed of all the parents and carers of children at the school. As a member of the Parent Forum you can expect to:
- get information about what your child is learning
- get information about events and activities at the school
- get advice / help on how you can support your child’s learning
- be told about opportunities to be involved in the school
- have a say in selecting a Parent Council to work on behalf of all parents at the school
- be invited to identify issues for the Parent Council to work on with the school
The Parent Partnership
Membership of the Parent Partnership will be a minimum of five parents of children attending the school. Any parent can volunteer to be a member when the Partnership reports to the Parent Forum once a year. The Head Teacher and one teacher/support staff member who will be decided by the school’s staff will attend meetings. The Parent Partnership may co-opt one or two members of the local community and local councillors will be invited to attend meetings.
- To support the school in its work with pupils, developing and engaging in activities that will support the school.
- To identify and represent the views of the parents on matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils and other issues relating to the school.
- To promote contact and partnership between the school, parents, pupils, preschool providers and the wider community.
- To report to the Parent Forum at least once a year.